Have you spotted dark stains? Or maybe you smell a musty odor? Are you worried it might be dangerous, possibly even black mold? Don't lose sleep at night. It's easy to have it checked out by a mold remediation specialist. Here are some things you should know.
- Black mold (stachybotrys chartarum) is a greenish-black mold that produces toxins, thus it's nickname "toxic mold".
- Black mold is less common in homes than other types of mold, but isn't rare either.
- Though the words "black mold" strike fear in the hearts of homeowners, it can be properly dealt with by mold remediation specialists.
- Like other molds, black mold requires moisture, oxygen, and "food" (building materials) to grow.
- The CDC recommends treatment for mold problems regardless of the type of mold:
See Clean Earth Restorations's website for more information about mold and mold remediation.
If you suspect you have a black mold (or any mold) problem, contact us today for a free estimate on mold remediation. You'll feel better knowing that it's taken care of!