Hoarding is something no one wants to talk about, especially the person hoarding. Few companies in San Diego specialize in helping hoarders like Clean Earth Restorations. We have extensive experience helping family members come alongside their loved one to resolve a serious hoarding issue. Read on for more resources.
Some symptoms and behavior of hoarders includes:
- Severe anxiety if they are asked to throw something away or organize their belongings
- Fear of running out of things they need or a belief that they may need the item in the future
- Feeling embarrassed and overwhelmed by their belongings
- Unwillingness or inability to throw away items, even items you might think are "trash"
- Loss of living space, isolation from family and friends, difficulties with finances and health because of hazards in the home
Do you wonder if your loved one is actually a hoarder? The International OCD Foundation offers a great informational sheet on hoarding and how to identify a hoarder. You can get the free information here.
An excerpt from the organization's info sheet answers How can I help a hoarding friend or family member?
Clean Earth can help! We have many successful jobs where we have helped a hoarder and their family to get control of a difficult situation, or helped clean up a home that had a hoarder inhabiting it for many years. Call us! We give free estimates and can help you get control over this difficult issue.